Real talk: life is not as colorful as we have imagined it after college. Adulting hits differently and now we face the real world that they have been warning us. Conflicting schedules, bills to pay, and emotional struggles – challenges that often comes on daily basis; hence the need for a breather: to set forth for a quick getaway.
So take a step back from all the deadlines and worries, my colleagues and I went on a quick trip to Camotes Island.
About Camotes Island
Camotes Islands is a group of islands geographically located around 34 nautical miles away from Cebu City. It has been frequented by many local and foreign visitors because of its white sand beaches, abundance of seafood, and tourist destinations that are perfectly suited for those craving for adventure.
WHY IS CAMOTES ISLAND A PERFECT QUICK TRIP DESTINATION?
As Camotes Islands can be directly accessed from Cebu City, it is a perfect destination in case you and your friends, colleagues, or family would like to take a breather and relax from the hustles of the city.
Camotes Island is just a boat away from Danao City (via RoRo) or from Cebu City (via OceanJet). In addition to that, you can already visit a lot of places around the island in just a day!
GETTING AROUND CAMOTES ISLAND (one day trip)
- Book the earliest scheduled trip to Camotes Island (5:30am via Danao City and 5:00am in Pier 1, Cebu City)
- Contact transportation services for a local tour in case you’re not bringing your vehicle with you. For our trip, we book for a multicab services. It has a capacity of up to 15 passengers for only P1,700 whole day trip. You may reach the driver that we’ve hired here: 0949-955-6721/0915-774-0915.
- Entrance fee for tourist destinations around Camotes are quite cheap. It usually ranges from P5.00 – P20.00.
- In case you and your group would like to stay overnight, there are several beaches in Camotes Island that allows camping and pitching of hammocks.
- On the other hand, if you’d like to stick with your original schedule, you can catch the last trip back to Cebu at 3pm via OceanJet and 5:30pm via RoRo to Danao City.
PLACES TO VISIT AROUND CAMOTES ISLAND
Buho Rock (Entrance Fee: P20)
Lake Danao (Entrance Fee: P10 – P15)
Timubo Cave(Entrance Fee: P15)
Mangolong Rock(Entrance Fee: P20)
Public Beaches around Camotes Island
Total Expenses: P1,000.00/ pax
Our trip Camotes Island was really unforgettable. Not only that we were able to relax from our daily duties, we also got the chance to better bond with each other.f