I am currently unstable while writing this entry. I could not consider myself sad because there are so many things to be happy about in this life. However, I couldn’t help but grieve over an anime that I have so deeply love that the thought of having it ending thoroughly pains me. I’m talking about the recent movie produced for the renowned manga and animated series Naruto – The Last: Naruto Movie. Yes, that annoying ninja in an orange jacket. Funny as it may seem, but I am really and deeply saddened of it coming to an end. Though I am glad that Naruto and Hinata – the pair I have been rooting for since Grade School – ended up together, the thought of not being able to see them the way before really saddens me. But just like how life works, we need to keep moving for nothing is constant in this daily struggle. Though for others this might seem overly exasperating, I believe that I am entitled of my own sentiments. HAHA. Peace. This animated series shaped my childhood and I think I wouldn’t be the person I am right now without this series. What are these things that I have learned?
1. Always believe in your dreams. You might not be able to achieve them for the moment, but never give up right away. You’ll never know what’s waiting for you in the end.
2. Never give up easily on your friends. There are times when our friends tend to do things on their own and seem to not listen to the pieces of advice that we willingly share; we need to understand them during those times.
3. Never leave a comrade behind. Commitment is an essential part of friendship. No matter what happens, as long as you can, never ever leave somebody behind nor turn your backs towards them.
4. Only love can mend a broken heart. Love doesn’t always have to be the romantic one. It can be shown through brotherhood, motherly love and bond between friends. When one is in grief, aside from time, any expression of true love (sympathy, care, etc.) can help be of big help.
5. It’s foolish to fear what we’ve yet to see and know. Most of us are afraid to try something new and pursue the things that we really dreamt of because of fear of failure or something that hasn’t happened yet.
6. The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success and failure. The underlying reason why many people succeed is because they worked hard on achieving their goals – something that those who fails lacked.
7. Reality and understanding are ambiguous. Reality could be an illusion. Sometimes we get too overwhelmed with the things that the world gives that we are blinded on the reality of the things surrounding us.
8. And so they fought. And so they laugh. Friends. And before they knew it, they were inseparable. Getting into conflicts with friends is healthy. It makes the relationship stronger and friends get closer.
10. If you’re destined for each other, everything will come smoothly at the right time. True love waits. That is one thing that I have learned between the love of HInata and Naruto and for me that’s the sweetest and truest of its kind. Haay.
This feeling of sadness upon the ending of Naruto will soon fade away but I know my learnings will stay with me. They will help me become a better individual in my community. These may seem floating words but for me, these are very valuable. The things that Masashi Kishimoto (author of Naruto) has put into my mind really helped me in achieving my goals and the things that I will soon accomplish and for that I am really in debt of him. :)