“A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.” – Anonymous
Year 2014 is ending and all I can say is this is one of the most productive years of my life. Aside from having a stable job, I was able to tour around almost all nooks of my province – this will not be made possible without the help and support of my travel buddies to whom I am greatly in debt with. Thus, this entry is dedicated for them! :)
November 30, 2014 marked another achievement in our lives. My troop and I marveled another treasured island we have in Cebu – Gibitngil Island in Medellin – where Funtastic Island is located. This island is located on the Northeast part of Cebu and offers blood-rushing adventures to fun-seeking individuals.
What to do in Funtastic Island?
- Yes, they do offer a zipline activity wherein you need to cross from an islet to another adjacent islet. The activity is short, however, it is also quite scary since the sea is waiting for you down below. What makes this more amazing is that you can avail this for only P50.00.
2. Kayak. For someone who can’t swim but wants to enjoy still the waters, Funtastic Island offers a kayak experience for tourists! You can paddle and ride all you want for only P100.00 per hour. There is no limit to the number of person who can use, therefore, everybody in the group can enjoy this acitivity!
3. Cliff jumping.Maybe this is the most fulfilling activity you can do in Funtastic. Though it is a little bit scary, the joy you will feel with the achievement of cliffjumping is all worth it. For those who are afraid of the 30 feet jump, you can practice on the 10 feet cliff until you will already have the courage to move further and try the highest cliff. :)
4. Tarzan Jump.
5. Swim.This is an island; what else can I say? :)
How to get there?
- Ride a bus or v-hire bound for Medellin.
- Ride a pumpboat in going to Funtastic Island. You can contact a boat ahead of time. One of the renowned boatman there is Kuya Jonathan whom you can contact on this number 09325052945. The usual fee for the trip is P1,200 (good for 15 people) however, you can also contact other boatman who offers a cheaper price. For safety precautions, you can contact Kuya Jonathan since he is well-known on the place already.
V-hire fare – P150.00
Pumpboat – P1,200.00
Cottage – range from P50.00 – P500.00
7:00 – Assembly Time (North Bus)
7:30 – 10:30 – ETA Medellin
11:00 – ETA Gibitngil Island | Funtastic Island
11:00 – 4:00 – Activities
4:00 – ETD bound for Medellin proper
4:30 – 8:45 – North Bus
9:00 – Home Sweet Home
The island is so vibrant and becomes more alive with good company to be with. So have total enjoyment, be with great friends in going to Funtastic Island! Kampai!